Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Interview Help? Global Perspectives on Tech Integration

I am doing research on technology integration in South Africa for a global perspectives graduate class. In order to better facilitate the number of responses I received (Thank You!!), I'm going to momentarily commandeer my blog to post my interview questions and create a conversation. However, I do think my regular readers will find the conversation rather intriguing!

To all those who are responding to my recent tweet, THANK YOU! I was overwhelmed by the enthusiastic responses I received! I am looking forward to learning more about what trends you all are seeing in technology integration and the collaborative discussion we will hopefully be able to have on the topic of global technology integration. I've provided a copy of my official cover letter (per my course requirements) to give you a better understanding of myself, as well as to share the interview questions with you.

Please feel free to respond as a comment to this post or email me at anna.k.fick@gmail.com. Thanks, again!



Hello,

My name is Anna Fick and I am a graduate student at the University of Maryland, University College. I am working towards completing a Masters of Education in Instructional Technology. I am currently taking a course on global perspectives of technology integration. As part of the course, we are tasked with conducting interviews with teachers, administrators, and other involved parties from various countries all over the world to learn more about technology integration within their education systems. My particular country of study is South Africa.
I would be extremely grateful if you would consider (or could share with an appropriate member of your organization who would consider) responding to a few e-mail based interview questions to assist me in learning more about technology integration within the South African school system. If there is another method of preferred communication (i.e. phone, video-conferencing, etc.) that would better allow you to respond to the interview questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

When I am not partaking in online graduate coursework, I work for the Oak Harbor School District in Oak Harbor, Washington as the Instructional Facilitator of Technology. My main responsibilities are to develop and implement technology related professional development for all staff, assist in managing online records and establish a curriculum repository, and serve as a liaison between the Information Services Department and schools/teachers. I have previously taught for two years in early childhood classrooms.
I look forward to learning more about global perspectives on technology integration with your help. Thank you for your time and consideration!

Interview Questions
- What is your experience with schools in South Africa? 
- What is your experience with technology integration in schools in South Africa?
- Do you feel that technology enhances or detracts from educational opportunities? How so?
- What would you identify as the current major trends or initiatives in relation to technology integration in South African schools? 
- What do you believe are some of the current challenges facing the integration of technology in South African schools?
- Considering the level of global collaboration possible through the integration of technology, to what level do you think it is being promoted within South African schools in relation to practice and/or policy?
- Could you describe how technology is integrated within the classroom on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis in a South African classroom?
- Anything else you'd like to share?

Respectfully,
Anna Fick
Instructional Facilitator of Technology
Oak Harbor School District

No comments:

Post a Comment